ARROYO GRANDE, CALIFORNIA – The City is pleased to announce the return to in-person public meetings, beginning with the July 27th City Council meeting. Additionally, the City will continue to utilize Zoom webinar video/teleconferencing as an option for public participation virtually. City Council and Planning Commission meetings will also continue to be broadcast live on Arroyo Grande Cable Channel 20 and streamed online.
Arroyo Grande City Council, Planning Commission, and other advisory body meetings have been held virtually since March 24, 2020 following the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 which allows for a deviation of teleconference rules required by the Ralph M. Brown Act. On June 15, 2021 the Governor lifted COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings and other COVID-19-related capacity and distancing restrictions.
In order to continue providing the public with a convenient method to connect with their local officials and participate in the democratic process, the City is now offering a hybrid meeting solution. The hybrid meeting solution now allows for both in-person Council meetings inside the Council Chamber as well as a virtual participation option.
In following California Department of Public Health guidance regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, individuals who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask while inside the Council Chamber.
To assist the public with participating in the meetings, the following information is provided for all City Council and Planning Commission meetings:
Just Want to Watch or Listen?
- City Council Chamber, 215 E Branch Street, Arroyo Grande. Individuals not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a mask.
- Join the Zoom webinar by clicking the link that is published on the posted agenda. Agendas can be accessed at www.arroyogrande.org\agendacenter.
- Zoom teleconference attendee: Call in utilizing one of the phone numbers that is published on the posted agenda. Agendas can be accessed at www.arroyogrande.org\agendacenter.
- Arroyo Grande Channel 20 on Charter TV
- Online through SLO-Span website
- Online through the City's website
Want to Participate in the Public Meeting?
- Community members are encouraged to submit written comments in advance via email by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting and those communications will be provided to the City Council or Planning Commission prior to the start of the meeting and will be made a part of the record. Please provide the agenda item number in the subject line of your email.
City Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Commission: email@example.com
- Members of the public may watch the meeting and speak during general public comment or on a specific agenda item by attending in-person in the Council Chamber or by joining the Zoom meeting using the information published on the posted agenda. Agendas can be accessed at www.arroyogrande.org\agendacenter. Please use the “raise hand” feature in the Zoom meeting to indicate your desire to provide public comment. Comments will be limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, pursuant to current meeting procedure.
- Zoom Teleconference Attendee: Call in utilizing one of the phone numbers that is published on the posted agenda. Agendas can be accessed at www.arroyogrande.org\agendacenter. Comments will be limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, pursuant to current meeting procedure.
These guidelines may be updated up to and during the meeting as needed based on technology capabilities and/or to implement guidance and direction from the San Luis Obispo County Department of Public Health and other governmental authorities.
# # #
Jessica Matson, City Clerk