Central Coast Blue
One Community. One Water. One Future.
Recent drought impacts have highlighted the need for a sustainable, drought-proof source of supply to ensure that reliable water supplies will be available for future extended droughts. Currently, water from the Pismo Beach Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) and the South San Luis Obispo County Sanitation District (SSLOCSD) WWTP is being treated and discharged to the ocean. Central Coast Blue will provide an opportunity to capture this lost water and use it to recharge the Santa Maria Ground Basin to create a drought proof, sustainable water supply for the community.
Central Coast Blue was initiated as a result of the City of Pismo Beach's Recycled Water Facilities Planning Study in 2015. The effort became a regional project in 2016 through collaboration with the SSLOCSD and its member agencies, the Oceano Community Services District and the Cities of Arroyo Grande and Grover Beach. Since then, the project has been a joint effort driven by a collective goal to manager water holistically by investing in a resilient water supply.
A Collaborative Approach to Water Supply Reliability
Central Coast Blue is a regional water sustainability project that is made possible through the collaborative efforts of the following stakeholder agencies:
City of Grover Beach
City of Pismo Beach
City of Arroyo Grande
South San Luis Obispo County Sanitation District
Oceano Community Services Distrct
Information & Resources:
- Central Coast Blue Website
- Central Coast Blue Brochure (PDF)
- Letter from Congress - WIIN FY 18 Funding (PDF)
- Central Coast Blue Ribbon Cutting (PDF) - May 15, 2018
- Letter of Support from Arroyo Grande (PDF) - July 23, 2018
- Letter of Support from Congressman Carbajal (PDF) - February 12, 2019
- Letter to the San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors (PDF) - October 19, 2020
- Central Coast Economic Recovery Initiative (PDF) - February 27, 2021
- Joint City Council Meeting: Arroyo Grande City Council, Grover Beach City Council, Pismo Beach City Council (Recording) - September 14, 2022
- Central Coast Blue Regional Recycled Water Authority Board Meeting Agenda Packet - December 1, 2022