Oversight Board to Successor Agency
- 2 p.m.
- Third Thursday of each month
- City Hall Conference Room
300 E. Branch St.
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Agendas & Minutes
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Lynn Compton, San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors
- Jim Hill, Mayor, City of Arroyo Grande
- Michelle Mayfield, Mayoral appointee, City of Arroyo Grande
- Will Clemens, Special District Representative
- Sheldon Smith, Superintendent of Schools Representative
- Chris Green, Community Colleges Representative
- Vacant, Public Member at large
About the Oversight Board to Successor Agency
The Oversight Board supervises the activities of the Successor Agency to the Dissolved Redevelopment Agency, and consists of seven members representing the City of Arroyo Grande, the County of San Luis Obispo, and local education and special districts of the Redevelopment Project Area.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Dissolution Act requires the Oversight Board to direct the Successor Agency (the city) in winding down the affairs of the dissolved Redevelopment Agency (RDA). The Oversight Board has a fiduciary responsibility to holders of enforceable obligations and the taxing entities that benefit from distributions of property tax and other revenues.
In addition to approving the Successor Agency’s administrative budget, the Oversight Board adopts the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS) - the central document that identifies the financial obligations of the former RDA that the Successor Agency may pay over the next six months and subsequent six-month periods. The actions of the Oversight Board will be overseen by the State Department of Finance and may be subject to disapproval or modification.