2016 General Municipal Election
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 8, 2016
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Arroyo Grande on Tuesday, November 8, 2016, for the following Offices and Measure:
- For one (1) Mayor for a full term of two (2) years
- For two (2) Members of the City Council for full terms of four (4) years
MEASURE E-16Shall the City of Arroyo Grande be authorized to purchase water from the State Water Project to supplement the City's existing water supplies during local water emergencies declared by the Arroyo Grande City Council?
If no one or only one person is nominated for an elective office, appointment to the elective office may be made as prescribed by Section 10229, Elections Code of the State of California.
The polls will be open between the hours of 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Election Day.
Candidates Running for Elective Office
(as listed on the ballot):
For the Office of Mayor: (vote for one)
Richard G. Waller
For the Office of Council Member: (vote for two)
John F. Mack
Campaign Disclosure Forms
The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) requires campaign disclosure reports from committees, candidates and elected officials at various times of the year. The City Clerk serves as the Filing Officer for local candidates. All filings are scanned and available for public review on the City's website. Original documents (un-redacted) are public information and available in the City Clerk's Office for review during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Copies of statements can be made upon receipt of payment to the City of 10 cents per page.
To view online campaign disclosure statements, please click on the following link:: November 8, 2016 Candidate Campaign Disclosure Forms
- June 14, 2016 City Council Staff Report
Staff report calling for the General Municipal Election for the Election of Officers
- June 28, 2016 City Council Staff Report
Staff report adding measure to ballot
- City Council Resolution No. 4740 - Ordering the Submisssion to the Qualified Voters of the City a Measure to Authorize the Purchase of Water from the Californiat State Water Project under Local Water Emergency Conditions at the General Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016, as called by Resolution No. 4730.
- Notice to Voters for Filing Written Arguments
- City Attorney's Impartial Analysis
Objective analysis of Measure E-16
- Argument in Favor of Measure E-16
Official statement from the proponents of Measure E-16, as it will appear in the Sample Ballot/Voter Information Guide
- Argument Against Measure E-16 (No argument against the measure was received by the filing deadline)
- FAQ's about Measure E-16
- Notice of Nominees
Candidate ForumThe Arroyo Grande and Grover Beach Chamber of Commerce conducted a Candidate Forum for Arroyo Grande candidates on Thursday, September 8, 2016 at the South County Regional Center. The Forum was videotaped by AGP Video and is available for viewing on the SLO-Span website.
To be eligible to vote at the November 8, 2016 election, you must be registered to vote no later than Monday, October 24, 2016. For more information regarding voter registration or to obtain a vote-by-mail ballot: Visit the County Clerk-Recorder's Office - Elections and Voting.
Additional Election Information and Resources
- Fair Political Practices Commission : The Technical Assistance Division of the FPPC will provide telephone assistance Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (866) 275-3772 concerning campaign filing requirements and conflicts of interest.
- Temporary Signs: Requirements for temporary signs, as stated in Arroyo Grande Municipal Code Section 16.60.050(l) - Exempt Signs,
- Arroyo Grande City Clerk's Office: The City Clerk is responsible for coordinating the Municipal Election and receiving all Campaign Filing Statements for local candidates. To contact the City Clerk's Office, call (805) 473-5400, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (except holidays), or send an e-mail.
- San Luis Obispo County Election's Office: Find your polling place, voter status and more online.
- Smart Voter is an online resource that provides nonpartisan information on elections and voting.
- California Easy Voter Guide provides new voters and busy voters with nonpartisan information for statewide elections in California.
- Success in Public Service : What You Need to Know Before You Are Appointed or Elected